Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Interactivity #3: Generating a State of the Art Inventory


When I first started adding my technologies to the spreadsheet, I knew that whoever had gone before me probably already chose to use some of the sites/resources I was thinking of. Since we are all music majors and we use a lot of the same programs, or know about a lot of the same programs, it was obvious that we would have used one another's at some point. In terms of this group project being authentic collaborative, I think it was really useful and interesting to see what other members of my group found. I also thought that this was a good group project because the way it was organized made it easy to work with one another efficiently. This assignment also made it useful to learn about and discover new technologies.
         Overall I felt like the final inventory we came up with was pretty good. For the most part, everything within it was what I consider to be technology for music. There were some things on it that were other spreadsheets, documents, places to order instruments and things of that nature. To me, I don’t know if I would consider the things like that to be technology, but I see how those things could be useful in general and could be somewhat technological due to the fact it is offline.
This technology inventory could serve a purpose this semester in future projects or assignments regarding any technology, which focuses in my content area. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I totally agree with you! We did a good job as a group and we all participated with great technological tools for music education. Personally, I am not that good at using music technology and I did not know much of information about it. However, this group project helped me to enhance my knowledge with music technology. I love to use them for my class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, can you elaborate further about what made the interactivity authentic collaboration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen- Yeah I think our group did a great job together, and it's okay if you're not that good with technological tools for music education, thats why we have each other and school to help us out and learn more. Not everyone is a music tech genius =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin- In an authentic collaboration, we formed within our groups to do the interactivity. Within this, we all shared different roles as a whole and individual throughout the entire learning process. My groups way of going about this assignment was both effective and well planned out. We had forms of strategic thinking while going along in these process. We all welcomed one anothers ideas and inputs, we didn't discriminate or put down one anothers different opinions of technology overall. The overall goal was completed in the long run and everyone participated in it and did their part. My group collaborated as a whole and had positive outcomes and results for completing the interactivity.

    ReplyDelete